Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hot Rod Power Tour - Birmingham, AL

Ross and I headed over to the Hoover Met to check out the Hot Rod Magazine "Power Tour".  This event is a hot rodders dream!  The tour started in Arlington, Texas on June 1st and will end up in Concord, NC on Saturday.

I took several pictures of what caught my eye but the weather turned against us and we missed out on seeing several hundred cars.  Most of what I shot were in the "Vendor" area and were quality builds.  I'll drag these out over several posts so keep checking back!

Apparently that's 727 ci stuffed into a Pontiac G8!

Rutledge Wood, Gearhead TV Personality, was at the Magnaflow booth signing autographs.

One of my favorites of the afternoon.

This demonstrator from MSD caught my attention.  This hobby is for dudes with deeeeeep pockets!

I was really happy to catch up with Jonathan Goolsby, of Goolsby Customs in Bessemer, AL.  I met Jonathan several years ago and have always admired his work.  This Camaro was built for the company Lokar, and was featured in their booth at SEMA.

My favorite custom car of all time, Pegasus!  A 1971 Mach 1 Mustang that was given the royal treatment by Goolsby Customs!  This thing is a luxury car.  XM radio, air conditioning, awesome interior, the works! Of course I spent most of the time talking with Jonathan and not enough taking pictures of this car!


This was the entrance to the non-vendor sponsored area.  The thunderstorm kept Ross and I from exploring row after row of awesome muscle cars.

This wagon caught my eye on the way out.  I really wish I had more time to walk this show.

1 comment: