Tuesday, June 18, 2013

MotoCamping Trip to NE Alabama

Boss Ross and I headed Northeast this past Saturday morning to do some riding, swimming and camping in a great area of Alabama.

First stop was to visit Rickey Lewis of Rick's Cycle Parts in Rainsville.  It's always good to spend a few hours with Rickey.  I always leave with more information than I came with.  It's refreshing to spend time with someone so knowledgeable about old motorcycles that is willing to share that info with guys like me! 

 Michael crafted some new stainless pipes for "Rosie Palmer".  I love this bike!

"Oh No" - Ross dodged some concrete barriers and got a little loose.  He pulled it out though like a Boss. 

I kept my camera in the bag during our stop to Little River Canyon.  We jumped off "High Rock" and swam around in cool water.  Here are Ted and Ross once we set up camp at Sandrock.

Ted's Shovel and Brent's 103" Shovelhead powered Tour Glide.  This thing could haul the mail!!!

Good morning Michael..."that rock is as hard as a rock".

Early morning view from Sandrock.  I LOVE this campsite!

We all got packed up and headed home to begin Father's Day festivities.  I got the Barhoppers together for a group shot.  These guys are really fun to hang out with.  Let's do it again soon boys!

I read somewhere that Blackberries are ALWAYS safe to eat but couldn't muster the courage to test that fact.  Still pretty cool though.

That's it...I kept the camera down most of the trip.  It was great riding, weather, and people - the perfect recipe for a Moto Camping adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment