Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bama Swap and Drag - Part 1

Bill, Ross, Larry and I made it out to the Bama Swap and Drag today, hosted by Rick's Cycle Parts and Violent Choppers. This is the second event and it has grown tremendously since it's inception last fall. More vendors this go around and definitely more people shopping and swapping!

The main goal of our trip was to pick up Bill's 1964 XLCH motor and my 1978 FLH motor that were being rebuilt by Rick's Cycle Parts.

Of course we had to nose around the swap meet looking for chopper gold. Roadside Marty came up from Florida to deliver his FXR to Timebomb from the BDAC crew. It was a blast hanging out with Roadside and we ate some good BBQ on the way out of Ft. Payne.

I'm going to do a few posts about the event because I got some good pictures. First up are the Hot Rods and Custom Cars...


This car OWNED me big time. It was also cool to see it take a pass down the drag strip. It had an awesome sound and was well done inside and out!


I love this era Mustang.

Awesome Mustang Mach 1

"The Teacher's Pet" was the only full on "drag" car at the show. Ross pointed out the finer points of this "gasser"to me. It made 1 pass down the strip and couldn't really open up. Apparently it was too much car for the Sand Mountain Dragway!

All in all it was a great Saturday trip. I will post some of the bikes that caught my eye later and also make a post of our rebuilt motors!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment